Monday, March 9, 2009

Motherhood is not for Wimps

After looking back over my posts, I realize that I have been kind of whining the last little while. IT is somewhat therapeutic to write in my blog, I can kind of vent about what is going on in my life, but I really don't mean to be so negative.
I saw a t-shirt not long a go that said "Motherhood is not for wimps" Ain't that the truth!! sorry kids" isn't". Anyway....
Most of the time, I seem to handle all that we have going on fairly well, with the occasional bad day, but this new placement has been pretty challenging. As well as add to that, the news last Monday that a very dear friend lost his battle with cancer after 11 months. It is a reminder of how fragile this life is, and that we should take advantage of every precious moment we have .

I am so privileged to be able to attend an institute class by Denae of .http://thebackorderedlife.blogspot.com/ and we talked last week in Philipians 2:13-15 about being blameless and harmless. This was such a great discussion for me of how important it is that we are good stewards of our actions. We may be "right", but that does not give us the license to be vengeful or spiteful, or mean.
AS I am usually "right" at my house.( Just ask my husband) I can sometimes be so caught up in being right that I am not charitable towards those who are in the wrong. IT is a classic example of reminding myself "what would Jesus do".

So that being said Mothers, when your teenager comes home with an F and a D on their report card, we can find that charitable side and help them find a better homework and study plan instead of giving the 1 hr long , finger pointing," I told you" lecture. OR when your four yr old has an accident in their pants for the 7Th time today we can go take a breather, and go change it and show them where the bathroom is one more time, in case they forgot.
Wimps... I think not.

No comments:

Post a Comment