Friday, February 20, 2009

I forgot the earplugs and duct tape




On our weekly trip to wal mart today, we had another of our "fun" trips. Serra could not manage to "stay by the cart" so she kept running into people and things, and even knocking a few things over. Did you know that bottles of shampoo can break open if you knock them on the floor and they hit on the lid?
ME neither?
Abi decided she was done after the trip to the video store when she couldn't rearrange all the shelves, so it wasn't looking good from the start. Now that she is a big two year old, she thinks she can do whatever she wants.
She wanted to hold the pretty tulips we got . Great. maybe she will stay sitting in the cart.
Well she stayed sitting for a few minutes as she proceeded to pull the petals off the pretty Tulips. So we put them in the basket. She proceeded to scream.
Hence the ear plugs!
I am sure everyone in Walmart today thought I was torturing this "cute little thing"
I wasn't really, I just wanted to get the shampoo and a few other things and get out of there.
She proceeded to open the package of raisins and throw anything she could reach on the floor.
Duct tape might of come in handy about now.
While I was looking for the cleaner for the stainless steel, Serra thought she would push Abi around in the cart. Right into the shelves . I straightened that all up and got my cleaner and we headed for the checkout, where Serra ran into a few more people.
WE really are undercover for Candid camera to watch how people can dodge the little girl with their shopping cart. Some people are really good at it, others not so much. Goodness gracious I think it is time to go.
All of our trips to Wal mart are not this eventful, today just seemed to be an exceptional one.
It's trips like this that make me have to remember the cute little things they do. Serra can be such a great little helper, as we see by her feeding baby S even though she could hardly keep her eyes open.
Disclaimer*** I don't actually use Duct tape on my kids,
but earplugs come in handy sometimes!! (Thanks Becky)

2 comments:

  1. Anita, I am in awe. What a neat thing you're doing. And I'm sorry, but not everybody COULD do what you're doing, no matter how much we love children and want what's best for all of them. I'm so impressed by you and people like you. You're exceptional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are too Kind. YEs, I know not everyone could do it, It can be very difficult, but I really think there are more that "could " if they allowed themselves to be lead by the spirit, HEavenly Father really helps make up the difference.

    ReplyDelete